Traditional Fire Insurance Policy Covers the Fire and/or Lightning risks Explosion (domestic) only. The policy premium is charged in accordance with Tariff rate prescribed by Central Rating Committee (CRC). However; the Fire Policy can be extended to cover some allied perils such as :
- Fire caused by – smoke, scorching,
- Falling walls, water used for extinguishing
- Fire, blowing up building for preventing
- Spread of fire.
- This coverage can be extended to include other perils by the additional premium;
- Riot, Strike
- Storm, Flood
- Aircraft damage
- Bursting or overflowing of tanks.
- Riot, Civil Commotion, War, Invasion, Act of Foreign Enemy, Civil War, Rebellion, Revolution, Insurrection etc.
- Radioactive Contamination